The IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL), previously referred to as ICDL-EpiRob, is the premier gathering of professionals dedicated to the advancement of cognitive and developmental learning. As such, ICDL is a unique conference gathering researchers from computer science, robotics, psychology and developmental studies.
We invite submissions for the conference in 2021 to explore, extend, and consolidate the interdisciplinary boundaries of this exciting research field.
Due to the influence of COVID-19, IEEE ICDL 2021 may be held virtually.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Principles and Theories of Development and Learning
- Development of Skills in Biological Systems and Robots
- Nature vs. Nurture, Developmental Stages
- Models on the Contributions of Interaction to Learning
- Models on Active Learning
- Architectures for Lifelong Learning
- Emergence of Body and Affordance Perception
- Analysis and Modelling of Human Motion and States
- Models for Prediction, Planning and Problem Solving
- Models of Human-Human and Human-Robot Interaction
- Emergence of Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
- Epistemological Foundations and Philosophical Issues
- Robot Prototyping of Human and Animal Skills
- Ethics in Computational Intelligence and Robotics
|Conference Dates||August 23rd – 26th, 2021|
|Submission Deadline||February 15th, 2021|
|Author Notification||April 15th, 2021|
|Camera Ready Due||May 15th, 2021|
Tutorial or Workshops
|Tutorial or Workshops Dates||August 23rd, 2021|
|Submission Deadline||February 1st, 2021|
|Notification||April 15th, 2021|
|Submission Deadline||April 28th, 2021|
|Notification||May 20th, 2021|
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished papers of at most 6 pages in IEEE double column format. Submission will undergo peer-review impacting which papers that are selected for either oral presentation or poster presentation.
The authors of the best conference papers will be invited to extend their contributions for special issues of prestigious journals, such as IEEE Transaction on Cognitive and Developmental Systems and Advanced Robotics.